Welcome to our Governors’ section.
Our Governing Body is a dedicated group of volunteers who meet half-termly to share in the leadership and management of our school and its resources. They work alongside our Headteacher to ensure that the school continues to grow and flourish. Its various members represent the many stakeholders that have an interest in the success of our school: the staff, parents, community and Hertfordshire County Council.
We also would welcome your feedback by going to Parentview (https://parentview.ofsted.gov.uk/) and completing the survey there to express your views of the school. By doing this once a year, you will help us keep up to date with your views and concerns.
What is a governor?
- Governors oversee the school's long-term development. We do this by supporting and challenging (often called being 'a critical friend'), focusing on school improvement to ensure the children are able to achieve their best in a safe environment.
- The Governing Body is made up of parent governors, staff governors, community governors and Local Education Authority governors.
- Core business is carried out in evening meetings and once a month during term-time. Most governors also visit the school during the day at least once a term.
- Governors also attend a sub-committee meeting each term, as well as other project groups or working party meetings.
- If you are interested in becoming a governor, please contact the school office. Current governors would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective Governing Body
- The school has clear aims and values, which are set and monitored by the school community.
- Governors formally visit classrooms, talk to children and teachers, and have meetings with staff members. The objective is to see that these aims and values are evident in the day-to-day operation of the school.
- We also attend meetings for new parents, parents' evenings and help at the school fairs.
- Each term we attend "Working Together" mornings with Mrs Edwards and Ms Applegarth, where we discuss how the school is progressing.
- We attend School Council meetings to listen to children's feedback.
Please click on the links below to access the minutes of Full Governing Body Meetings (which are copies of the signed versions held by the School Office) and previous governor newsletters.