At Cassiobury Infant and Nursery school we follow the National Curriculum programme of study for Art and Design.
Art, craft and design embody some of the highest forms of human creativity. A high-quality art and design education should engage, inspire and challenge pupils, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art, craft and design. As pupils progress, they should be able to think critically and develop a more rigorous understanding of art and design. They should also know how art and design both reflect and shape our history, and contribute to the culture, creativity and wealth of our nation.
In the EYFS at Cassiobury Infants, we aim to ensure that all pupils:
- Safely use and explore a variety of materials, tools and techniques, experimenting with colour, design, texture, form and function
- Use what they have learnt about media and materials in original ways, thinking about uses and purposes
- Represent their own ideas, thoughts and feelings through Art and Design
In KS1 at Cassiobury Infants we aim to ensure that all pupils:
- Produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences
- Become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
- Evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
- Know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.